15 Hours After They Was Killed, 4 Bodies Remain On Sacramento Street, Here’s Why

More than half a day since the brutal gun violence, the bodies of four victims killed in the Sacramento bar brawl remain outside the London nightclub, it has been reported. Photos taken on April 4 from the scene show the bodies of the victims still lying in the area, while the police investigation into the violence continues.

Violence erupted in downtown Sacramento on April 3, 2022, around 2 a.m., after a massive bar fight spiraled out of control. A total of 18 people were shot and six were confirmed dead. Social media footage has since gone viral showing scenes just before the shots went off, indicating the scale and chaos minutes before. It would be the largest mass shooting in Sacramento history and the largest to date in the United States in 2022.

RELATED ARTICLES

Sacramento shooting: 6 dead and dozens injured near 10th and K streets, shooter still at large

East High School shooting: Who is the Des Moines shooter? Teenager dead, 2 injured

President Joe Biden has since spoken, mourning the victims and calling for a ban on ghost weapons, assault rifles and high-capacity magazines. But as gun politics rage in Congress, the brutal results of their inaction remain visible on the streets of Sacramento for all residents.

Why were the bodies left behind?

15 hours after the shooting, the Daily Mail observed four bodies still abandoned in the street on April 4, 2022. A victim’s foot is visible outside the Pre Flite Lounge, as is the body of a male victim. This remains the case even though temperatures are steadily rising and peaking at 80F. A woman, who lived above the bar, told the Mail the bodies had been there “all day”, adding: “They are the sons and daughters of the people lying there. I myself have six kids and I can’t imagine how I would feel if it was them.”

The bodies remain on the sidewalk even as police continue to investigate the shooting, but it’s unclear why they weren’t taken away. A few hours earlier, local journalist Chelsea Jones reported which the police chief said “it’s a very complex investigation and they’re being thorough” as the reason, but beyond that he declined to comment on why the bodies are still on the ground. Sacramento PD also did not respond to requests for comment.

The devastation and bloodshed spread over two city blocks and markers indicate more than 250 shots were fired. According to the police, there are several shooters and some suspects have been identified after information from the public. However, they have not been named at the time of publication of this report. So far, only two victims have been identified – Sergio Harris and DeVasia Turner. The other four killed have not yet been identified.

It is also not known what the condition of the other 12 injured people is. Police did not comment on them and instead used a press conference to say “the compound is now secure”, but the gunmen are still at large. Governor Gavin Newsom also offered his condolences, as well as an attack on gun violence.

If you have an interesting news or story for us, please contact us at (323) 421-7514

About James K. Bonnette

Check Also

YouTube stars Nelk Boys will open a bar with David Grutman

A very expensive redevelopment of a classic Firestone tire garage has gone off the rails, …