Manchester City have stopped paying Benjamin Mendy’s wages after he was charged with sex offenses

Manchester City stopped paying Benjamin Mendy’s wages – which amount to more than £100,000 a week – in September last year after the French defender was charged with a series of sexual offences.

  • Manchester City stopped paying Benjamin Mendy’s salary in September 2021
  • The French defender was charged with a series of sex offenses last year
  • He told Chester Crown Court the club stopped paying his wages a year ago
  • He denies seven counts of rape, one of attempted rape and one of sexual assault

Manchester City stopped paying Benjamin Mendy’s wages – more than £100,000 a week – last year after the defender was charged with a series of sex offences.

The France World Cup winner told Chester Crown Court on Tuesday that the champions withdrew his wages in September 2021.

Mendy is denying seven counts of rape, one of attempted rape and one of sexual assault against six women. The 28-year-old told the court he reassessed his life decisions during four months in pre-trial detention.

Prosecutor Timothy Cray KC showed CCTV footage from outside Mendy’s Cheshire mansion after the player went to Chinawhite nightclub in Manchester. Mendy is charged with rape at his home that night.

Cray told Mendy he could ‘mistake’ consent after drinking and the defendant replied: ‘No, what I saw and felt was consensual. I slept with women I didn’t know.

Cray told Mendy he was lying to “save himself” and he replied, “No.” The trial continues.

Manchester City haven’t paid Benjamin Mendy’s salary since September last year

The Frenchman has been out of action since being charged with a series of sex offenses

The Frenchman has been out of action since being charged with a series of sex offenses

Advertising

About James K. Bonnette

Check Also

Support for tougher gun laws slips: Gallup | FOX 4 Kansas City WDAF-TV

(The Hill) – The share of Americans supporting tougher gun laws has fallen 9 percentage …